Business Analyzer Enterprise Edition is intended for larger user groups such as industry associations, franchise networks and larger enterprises that want to offer their members or business units a set of powerful financial analysis tools.
The application provides a comprehensive benchmarking analysis of financial performance of companies in relation to peers/competitors either within a closed group of companies (e.g. for industry association members, supplier portfolio companies, franchise networks) or to other companies in any given industry.
In addition to all of the capabilities found in FINTEL Business Analyzer Pro, the Enterprise Edition offers a variety of customization options that enable considerable flexibility within both the input and output sides of the system.
All financial data entered is strictly confidential and will not be used by FINTEL nor be shared with any other party. It is also not being used for our benchmarking database.
Business Analyzer Enterprise is an Online Application hosted by Fintel LLC. Generally, no software or special hardware is required on your end to use this system.
Unique Benefits of the Enterprise Edition
- Have the user interface modified to suit the preferences of your organization and enable the input of custom datasets
- Be able to select the comparison base for analysis either a closed group comparison based on user input data (e.g. the members of your organization) or industry comparison based on our proprietary benchmarking data
- Get custom administrative capabilities to be able to create and adjust user accounts, monitor usage and access input. Other advanced features are available upon request. Screenshot
General Benefits (comparable to FINTEL Business Analyzer Pro)
- Obtain a comprehensive picture of your or another company's financial performance
- Discover strengths and weaknesses of a company that are reflected in financial figures
- See how the company performs on major financial indicators compared to industry peers/competitors based on our reliable benchmarking data
- Obtain valuable practical ideas on what activities would improve certain key financial performance aspects such as profitability, liquidity, growth and others
- Receive results presented in a very professional manner without additional effort
Choose from the selection below to learn more about the benefits of FINTEL's products pertaining to your type of organization:
Unique Features of the Enterprise Edition
- Offers modification of the input interface to include information determined to be important for a specific group/industry and allows users to enter their data into a custom dataset Screenshot
- Offers customization of the output interface to include comparisons within the custom group dataset in addition to general industry comparisons Screenshot
- Provides custom administrative capabilities intended to allow group administrators to create and adjust user accounts, monitor the usage and access the custom group dataset Screenshot
General Features (comparable to FINTEL Business Analyzer Pro)
- All financial data entered is strictly confidential and will not be used by FINTEL nor be shared with any other party. It is also not being used for our benchmarking database. Screenshot
- Requires input of twelve accounts from the income statement and twenty accounts from balance sheet (soon with automatic Quick Books import) and possible additional accounts depending on the custom configuration Screenshot
- Calculates and displays fifteen commonly used financial ratios and possible additional accounts depending on custom configuration Screenshot
- Shows industry financial benchmarks comparable to the business under analysis out of a selection of >2,500 industry segments and possible custom dataset Screenshot
- Graphically depicts the relative position of the company within the industry range of each of the performance indicators Screenshot
- Suggests practical recommendations for improving financial performance based on the results of the analysis Screenshot
The standard Modules in Business Analyzer Enterprise are intended to satisfy the fundamental needs of financial analysis. They provide detailed analyses of business performance in liquidity, profitability and sustainable growth.
- Financial Ratio Industry Benchmarking Analysis Screenshot
- Provides common-size financial statement comparisons, both in percent and dollar terms
- Offers comparisons of company's performance to the industry on 15 ratios; broken down into three major categories: liquidity, profitability and asset/employment efficiency
- Compares each ratio to the industry median and the industry range from the bottom to top deciles
- Profitability Analysis Screenshot
- Provides industry specific profitability benchmarking information
- Computes Return on Asset Investment (ROAI), a powerful measure of the earnings achieved by a company using its full asset investment
- Analyzes and recommends actions to improve the earnings power of a firm
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling earnings impacts of specific management decisions along with industry comparisons to guide the profitability improvement decisions
- Indicates the firm's ability to meet new financial obligations
- Liquidity Analysis Screenshot
- Provides industry specific cash sufficiency benchmarking information
- Computes Net Balance Position (NBP), a highly effective measure of the cash liquidity position of a business
- Analyzes and recommends actions to correct negative cash flow situations
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling the cash liquidity impact of specific management decisions along with industry comparisons to guide cash position improvement options
- Estimates the cash conversion cycle to measure the time it takes of $1 invested in working capital to return in the form of revenue
- Sustainable Growth Analysis Screenshot
- Computes the rate at which a company can afford to grow its sales without running into liquidity problems
- Provides industry sustainable growth benchmarking information
- Analyzes and recommends actions to improve sustainable growth performance if needed
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling affordable growth rate impacts of specific management decisions along with industry comparisons to guide affordable growth rate improvement decisions
- Statement Spreading Screenshot
- Places financial statements from different operating periods side-by-side
- Computes common-size percentages and financial ratios from multiple years
- Generates a cash-flow statements
The optional Modules in Business Analyzer Professional are intended to satisfy some of the more specific needs of financial analysis.
- Valuation Screenshot
- Estimates the fair market value of a firm using five commonly used methods, including book value, capitalized earnings, growth capitalized, industry P/E estimates and operating income multiples
- Provides industry valuation benchmarking not available anywhere else
- Suggests a combined value estimate using a weighted average formula
- Estimates the excess or deficit dollar value of a firm compared to similar firms in the same industry
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling business value impacts of specific management decisions
- Loan Risk Screenshot
- Provides credit screening and production tool for loan application processing including an early warning system;
- Uses a state-of-the-art loan repayment prediction method (not just bankruptcy prediction) based on a double-cut system comprising estimates of short-term liquidity needs and long-term earning viability
- Provides an effective risk-pricing tool based on a powerful analysis of applicants' financial performance and industry benchmarking;
- Liquidity Projection and Pro-Forma Generation Screenshot
- Provides an easy to use worksheet for projecting a company's liquidity situation in the future
- Generates a full set of pro-forma financial statements
- Provides interactive capabilities to help model liquidity performance
- Square Footage Efficiency Screenshot
- Analyzes the efficiency achieved by a company per unit of its area in comparison to the industry peers
- Provides geographic regionalization of the benchmarking data by different states
- How old is the data being used?
- The data within our products is aggregated based on the financial statements collected over the past year. If you are looking for older data, please contact us directly.
- How often is the data being updated?
- Datasets are updated annually.
- Can I obtain data from prior years?
- Yes, industry data is available for past years. Please contact us with specific interests.
- Can I obtain benchmarking data for more detailed accounts of financial statements?
- We believe that we offer a comprehensive set of financial statement accounts that is relevant to all of the industries covered in our products, while making this set more detailed may potentially reduce its reliability and relevance. However, users of the Enterprise edition of Business Analyzer have an option of having the set of benchmarking accounts customized to make it more specific to their industry group(s). To learn more of this option, please contact us.
- Can I obtain information for a specific company or companies in the sample?
- No, this type of data is not available in accordance with the proprietary nature of the data set.
- How can I learn about the calculation and meaning of the ratios presented in Business Analyzer?
- We offer three ways to obtain this information: 1) by clicking on the name of the ratio of your interest when viewing the ratio tab of the FIM report, 2) by reviewing the help section of the Online Library in the Business Analyzer application (login required) and 3) by reviewing the Glossary section of the support website.
- What happens if a particular industry group has a very small number of companies?
- The smallest industry groups for which we present data contain 7 companies. However, this size is potentially less reliable and if you consider this comparison base to be too small, we suggest that you obtain a report for a less specific group within the same major industry group. This may mean switching from a 4-digit SIC code to the corresponding 3-digit SIC code. In fact, this is what we do automatically in our products when presenting large and small industry segments for an industry that contains fewer than 28 companies.
- I think that my company belongs to a more specialized group than presented by your most specific industry aggregation level (either 4-digit SIC or 6-digit NAICS). Can I obtain the information pertaining to my group?
- While both 4-digit SIC and 6-digit NAICS codes are the most specific groups within their respective industry classification systems, our database allows for more specific segmentation analysis in some cases. If you are interested in us performing such an analysis, please contact us.
- How are the industry size segments (small, medium-sized and large) determined?
- We break industry groups down into industry specific size segments, rather than applying fixed thresholds across all industries. The companies found within the upper 25% of an industry, based on sales, are considered large, those within the lower 25% are small and the rest are assumed to be medium-size.